Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gratitude Is The Memory Of The Heart.




Growing up in a household where your mother was queen bee on etiquette really placed a few valuable morals in my brain. At the time everything she would say would really go in one ear and out the other but as time passed and I grew older I have come to realize that my mom was right...all along, but we won’t tell her that! Love you mom!




Over the holidays I received many sweet gifts from friends and family and throughout the holiday hustle and bustle my main thought constantly pounding in the back of my head was, "get the thank you cards out Jenn" "Time is running out Jenn" over and over and over again there it was until finally I sat down and wrote out 10 thank you notes on sparkly opalescent paper with a small flower in the corner, sealed and stamped I placed them in the mailbox and a sigh of not only relief but a small giggle came to my face as I realized and thought...oh how my mom would be so proud.


For my Brides to be and recently engaged couples this is a very important item to remember, as after the wedding buzz dies and you have come back from your honeymoon tanned and relaxed the thought of a thank you card slips our minds, but this should be the top of your to-do list before or after the honeymoon.


Thank you cards should be sent to each and everyone that sent you a gift stating that you love the "coffee maker" "100thread count sheets" or my favorite "punch bowl". You should also always send thank you cards to your vendors as these hard working people were the ones to make it all happen and without them, well you really wouldn't have had the day you dreamt about for so long. With all the awesome choices out there for thank you cards whether you do custom or not it actually may be fun, and you too will pop those sealed stamped envelopes in the mail with a sigh of relief and say... "Thank you".







Cheers!!
 Jennifer Renee


0 comments:

Post a Comment