Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Im Taking The Girls For A Walk



Its official! I have signed up for this year’s Avon's breast cancer walk in Santa Barbara! The date is mid September...so I have about 4 months to get these legs in top shape for the hills Santa Barbara has waiting for me. I have wanted to participate in this walk for years and years and with the timing, scheduling, and wedding seasons all around it never seemed to happen. I was determined to do it this year! About 1 in 8 women in the U.S will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime; this disease has affected almost every woman I know in some way or another whether it be personal, family member or friend. Though death rates have been decreasing since 1990, these decreases are thought to be the result of treatment advances, earlier detection through screening, and increased awareness...which is why I walk. I walk for all the women out there that have been affected by this and in hope that by raising money we can help find a cure to the most common cancer among us women.




I am putting together my donation website now, stay tuned for more info andas always there should be more blog posts on my updates of working on getting to tip top shape to make the entire weekend, a total of 39.3 miles, without toppling over and dying in my hot pink get-up!

Cheers!!
Jennifer Renee

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment