Monday, January 4, 2010

Holidays!

It has been long awaited I know! the holidays start to consume me starting November 1st! however after the last post about textiles I know I owe you an update atleast on that.

It took me only about two weeks to finish the whole process of the dress but with a little help from a close friend it was finally finished!
As a creative soul I knew I had to have something completely different then any other holiday card out there, I began thinking up ideas in July and after a mad obsession with the new hit show "Mad Men" on AMC and the whole era of the 60's I decided that was it! That was the photo shoot I wanted for my holiday photo. I was in and out of thrift stores and Goodwill's for months finding the appropriate "set materials", and actually fell in love with the local thrift store! Who knew you could find so many gems within the junk of everything else in there!

My first photo that I actually had the inspiration from was this below:




























Seeing as the only children I have are my cats I altered the feel of everything and brought in the things I love the most! since I took these photos before the holiday season was even close to beginning...I had plenty of time to choose from the awesome selection my amazing photographer Mike Prado sent me!

The final masterpiece!

0 comments:

Post a Comment