Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Not So "Dirty Thirty"

A Parisian Themed 30th Birthday Celebration
With a twist of Tim Burton-esque decor.

_________________________________________________________

I suppose it’s time to admit it...it is official...I have been alive for three decades, and a few months now. I knew I would need some sort of escape to whisk me away from the reality that is....being a women in her 30's; Even saying a women in her thirties sounds old; let’s say lady, lady sounds MUCH better! Being the planner that I am I found the perfect getaway...a fun themed birthday dinner at an amazing hotel with amazing friends and amazing cocktails! It only took four months of planning but I think this idea has been in the works for years in my mind, so thrilled I was able to pull it all together with my amazing vendors and amazing friends and family that helped!

For those of you who don’t already know, my second love is eclectic, creepy, obscure, scarey, abnormal things. I LOVE scary movies, I love Tim Burton, I love a good Edwardian themed ball! The old time circus with circus freaks excites me and deep down inside I think I once was one in another life, so there was no doubt in my mind on what theme I was going with.

Design Information

I decided on a black/white & purple Tim Burton-esque themed party. I brought on a wonderful florist for my centerpieces and they turned out better than I expected with the handmade paper flowers made from Tim Burton paper!! I wrapped votives in black lace for a touch of flare and added a few eclectic items that brought a little bit of me to the table (A white ceramic elephant, a black feathered gothic hat and an hour glass). For the dessert bar I hired on a yummy bakery to make custom mini desserts, I placed them on a white side table I had in my office with a black runner and a piece of scrap striped material I had lying around. For the back drop of the dessert bar I found the amazing chandelier black/white curtain from Target and built the pipe structure to hold the curtain up right,it was perfect!!! For all the printed materials I am one lucky girl; my boyfriend’s sister is an amazing graphic artist for FOX Entertainment and designed ALL the paper goods...even when I came to her and said I needed a "Cootie-Catcher" menu she was up for the challenge! She designed and printed all the invitations(not shown), cootie-catcher menu cards, place cards, game pieces and dessert labels...it was all tied together with her personal touches and I couldn’t have been more grateful!


{Below are my inspiration boards for the party}



The day came and went and I’m still alive, I didn’t have a mid-life crisis and buy a red Ferrari, not yet atleast. I actually believe that my thirties will bring so much more than my twenties and I am excited for what’s to come and even more happy that I didn’t have a complete freak out over the big dirty-30!   
                                                Cheers!!                                               
 Jennifer Renee

{Below are the images from the evening}

 Tim Burton Paper made Flowers!








Design & Coordination {Jennifer Renee Weddings & Events}
Mini Desserts {Sweet & Saucy Shop}


0 comments:

Post a Comment